“Julie J Blog is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.” I will receive a percentage for purchases made through the links in this post.
Hot cocoa anyone?!?!
Who loves it? I do! I do!!
Let’s talk just for a quick minute on how to stage your own hot cocoa bar… It’ll be a GREAT set up for your guests to enjoy when they come over for Thanksgiving and Christmas! Here’s a peak at mine:
TIP: Notice, for staging purposes, I’ve placed the tallest detail piece in the center, and then two other tall items on the left and right ends so that it has a nice, balanced look. You can then create differing heights in between just for visual appeal….have fun with it though and don’t stress it.
HERE, I USED A TRIFLE BOWL TURNED UPSIDE DOWN TO PUT LITTLE DECOR DETAILS INSIDE! I’ll switch the pumpkins and leaves out for Christmas ornaments soon!…It’s so fun to play around with details! You can get a trifle bowl here if you’d like>>Trifle Bowl
This chalkboard came from the Target Dollar spot. Here’s a FREE printable I’ve created for you so that you can print and frame this look, instead, if you don’t want to buy a chalkboard. Click HERE to get it!
For my cocoa bar, I also used a glass candy dish, to hold the chocolate chip mini’s, that I got at Walmart for about $4-5 bucks. The small, wooden, white crate that holds the cocoa mix packets also came from Walmart for about $4. And, last but not least, the tree slice that the white crate sets on; it came from Ross Dress for Less in their home goods department, but you can get one for yourself here, if you can’t find one there>>Tree slice plate charger
The finished look!!
(p.s. the “Home for the Holidays towel with the cute truck came from my favorite store, TJ Maxx….hurry there and get ya’self one!)
I’d say it was a HIT!!! Here are a few of my favorite littles enjoying the cocoa bar (these children are not my own, though I have to remind myself of that often, lol….Oh how I love these babies!)
What you’ll need to create your own hot cocoa bar:
- A small chalkboard
- A couple of glass pastry dishes to hold your sweet, snack options (you can use whatever containers you want, but glass ones add a nice, fancy flair!). You can find these at TJ Maxx or Ross Dress for Less in their home isles for under $10.
- Some Little Debbie snacks….or whatever desserts you make yourself- I’m not quite that put together, haha!
- Hot chocolate packets (you can use powder cocoa from a tin but I think people prefer there own, pre-measured packets; it’s easier!)
- White chocolate sauce and/or Caramel
- White chocolate chip mini’s and/or milk chocolate chip mini’s
- Peppermint sticks
- Marshmallow mini’s
- Pirouline cream filled wafers- chocolate hazelnut (Because they’re delicious and because the tin they come in looks cute on the display).
That’s all! Now, GO HAVE FUN!!!! Please comment with pics of your own hot cocoa bar OR tag me on Instagram @JulieJBlog so I can see all of the pretty hot cocoa bars ya’ll create. I can’t wait to see them!!!